Fueling entrepreneurship to create employment
About Wadhwani Foundation
Wadhwani Foundation is a not-for-profit with the primary mission of accelerating economic development by driving job creation through large-scale initiatives in entrepreneurship, small business growth, innovation, and skilling. Founded in 2000 by Silicon Valley entrepreneur Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, today, the Foundation is scaling impact in multiple countries across Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the US.
Founder and Chairman
Inspires, educates, and enables startup entrepreneurs.
- Silicon Valley entrepreneur and philanthropist
- Until 1999, built three successful companies, the last of which was exited at over $9 billion
- Founding Chairman and CEO of $3.5 billion Symphony Technology Group
- Founder and Chairman of Wadhwani Foundation (2003)
- Founding Chairman of enterprise AI software firm Symphony AI (2017)
- Founding Chairman of AI life sciences firm ConcertAI (2017)
- Founding Chairman of SAIGroup investment firm (2021)
- Member of the Gates Buffet Giving Pledge
- Padma Shri 2020 awardee
- President Obama appointee to the Board of Trustees of the John. F. Kennedy Center
- Board Member of Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, D.C.