Wadhwani Takeoff Event Terms & Conditions (T&Cs)
- There is no separate form or process to enter Wadhwani Takeoff event (“Wadhwani Takeoff”). you (“Participant”) are eligible to participate if you have met the ‘Eligibility Criteria’ for participating in Wadhwani Takeoff. The Eligibility Criteria can be read HERE.
- Participants must have read and understood all the T&Cs mentioned herein and are deemed to have accepted these T&Cs by entering Wadhwani Takeoff.
- One member out of the winning team of Wadhwani Takeoff will be eligible for a five (5) days’ trip sponsored by Wadhwani Operating Foundation (“WOF”) to the Silicon Valley, San Jose, California (“Prize”). This team member, owing to sickness or any unavoidable circumstance, can be replaced by another Participant from the same team.
- There is no cash alternative to the stated Prize. The Prize is non-transferable, assignable, exchangeable, or redeemable by the Participant in any other form or manner other than that specified by WOF.
- WOF reserves the right to change the T&Cs of Wadhwani Takeoff, including but not limited to extending, withdrawing or discontinuing the same and changing the duration of the proposed visit without prior notice at its sole discretion.
- Each Participant understands that each of the officials of WOF engaged in the organization and management of Wadhwani Takeoff including its directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants, and agents are under no obligation to render any advice or service to any Participant in respect of Wadhwani Takeoff.
- The Participant represents and warrants with WOF that –
- the Participant has met all the Eligibility Criteria and has the right, authority and power to enter into Wadhwani Takeoff in accordance with T&Cs and shall provide such proof as WOF requires; and
- all the statements (if any and if so required) made by the Participant to WOF are true, correct, accurate and complete.
- The Participants forever waive, release and discharge WOF, its representatives from and against, any and all liabilities, costs, loss, damages or expenses which the Participant or any party claiming through the Participant hereafter which may have arose out of acceptance of any Prize or participation in Wadhwani Takeoff including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether or not direct, consequential or foreseeable. The Participant shall indemnify WOF and its representatives from and against all liability, cost, loss or expenses suffered thereby as a result of the Participant’s breach of the Participant’s warranties and undertakings and any breach of the T&Cs and/or the rules and regulations of Wadhwani Takeoff.
- Completion of ‘Wadhwani Entrepreneurship’ courses and meeting the Eligibility Criteria does not in any way guarantee being shortlisted for Wadhwani Takeoff. The Participant’s participation in Wadhwani Takeoff does not entitle the Participant to wages, salary or any other compensation.
- Any entries received before the opening or after the closing of Wadhwani Takeoff, as per the duration specified in the Eligibility Criteria, will be invalid and will not be entered into Wadhwani Takeoff.
- WOF reserves the right to disqualify Participants and/or revoke the Prize (at any stage of Wadhwani Takeoff) if:-
- The Participant is ineligible or does not meet any of the Eligibility Criteria; or
- The Participant breaches any of the T&Cs or other rules and regulations of Wadhwani Takeoff or violates any applicable laws or regulations; or
- The Participant provides incomplete or fails to provide necessary information; or
- In WOF’s sole determination, it believes that the Participant has attempted to undermine the operation of Wadhwani Takeoff by fraud, cheating or deception.
Whilst WOF will endeavor to conduct necessary verifications on the eligibility of Participants, failure to disqualify any ineligible Participant shall not be deemed a breach by WOF.
- The jury’s decision on all matters relating to Wadhwani Takeoff (including without limitation, the selection of Participants and winner, play of Wadhwani Takeoff and/or any resolutions made) shall be final and absolute and binding on the Participants. No discussion, correspondence, enquiry, appeal or challenge in respect of any decision of WOF will be entertained. The Participant shall not dispute nor make any oral or written complaints, public announcements or statements on the same whether during or after Wadhwani Takeoff period. The selection of jury members shall be at the sole discretion of WOF and the Participant shall not question the validity of the jury selection process in any way.
- For the purpose of administering and evaluating Wadhwani Takeoff, WOF may share Participant’s venture related content to competition administrators, evaluator, and/or judges. WOF assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the disclosure and/or use such content accessed by any administrators, evaluator, and/or judges of Wadhwani Takeoff.
- YouNoodle is the facilitator and evaluator of Wadhwani Takeoff. The legal policies of YouNoodle shall also be applicable for Wadhwani Takeoff. The policies can be read by clicking on these links:
Please click here to read WOF’s legal policies:
- The Participant, without expectation of any compensation or other remuneration, now or in the future, hereby give his/her consent to WOF and its affiliates, to use his/her image/video and likeness and/or any interview statements from the Participant in its publications, advertising or other media activities (including the Internet). This consent includes, but is not limited to:
- Permission to interview, film, photograph, tape, or otherwise make a video reproduction of me and/or record Participant’s voice;
- Permission to use Participant’s name; and
- Permission to use quotes from the interview(s) (or excerpts of such quotes), the film, photograph(s), tape(s) or reproduction(s) of me, and/or recording of my voice, in part or whole, in its publications, in newspapers, magazines, and other print media, on television, radio and electronic media (including the Internet), in theatrical media and/or in mailings for educational and awareness.
This consent is given in perpetuity and does not require prior approval by the Participant.
- The Participant shall not provide any product endorsement, any interviews or be involved in any articles or reports in respect of Wadhwani Takeoff or the Prize with any third party without WOF consent and knowledge.
- The Participant shall treat as confidential, all T&Cs and rules and regulations of Wadhwani Takeoff and all information and knowledge obtained by the Participant in relation to and/or in connection with Wadhwani Takeoff and/or association with WOF and/or derived as a result of his/her participation in the same, including without limitation WOF’s business and operational details, Wadhwani Takeoff mechanics, the judging/selection criteria for Wadhwani Takeoff (hereafter collectively known as “Confidential Information”), and the Participant shall, during and after Wadhwani Takeoff period, take all reasonable precautions to prevent disclosures of the Confidential Information to unauthorized persons or entities for any reason whatsoever and undertakes to deliver to WOF all tangible materials embodying the Confidential Information including any documentation, records, listings, notes, sketches, drawings, memoranda, models accounts, reference materials, samples and machines readable media and equipment that is in any way related to the Confidential Information including all duplicates and copies thereof.
- The Prize is limited to air travel, accommodation and meals as mentioned in the itinerary and tickets. All mentioned arrangements will be made by WOF after receiving the necessary details from the winner and as per itinerary. Any other expenses other than those specified by WOF will be borne by the Participant. Participant accepts and understands that it is his/her responsibility to possess a valid and eligible VISA and other necessary travel documents to avail the benefits of the Prize.
- The winning team needs to submit all the details as per the requirements of WOF and within the stipulated timeframes in order to claim the Prize.
- In the event that the Participant chooses not to accept the Prize, the Prize shall be forfeited and any decision related to such, will be dealt with according to the absolute discretion of WOF.
- Prize is accepted entirely at the risk of the Participant and are awarded by WOF and/or sponsors without any warranty of any kind express or implied. The Participant shall execute a deed of release and indemnity in a form prescribed by WOF, if so required, in order to receive the Prize.
- WOF will endeavor to contact the winner in and around 5-10 working days after announcing the winners.
- WOF and/or YouNoodle reserve the right to send SMS/WhatsApp messages or email notification to the Participants mobile phone numbers or email address containing information related to Wadhwani Takeoff and/or WOF’s programs. If a Participant does not wish to receive such SMS/WhatsApp messages or email, the Participant is required to call and inform WOF and/or YouNoodle accordingly.
- The T&Cs of Wadhwani Takeoff shall be construed, governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of United States of America and the courts of California will have exclusive jurisdiction to decide any dispute related to Wadhwani Takeoff.
- Wadhwani Takeoff is void where prohibited by law.